Hello Buddy's buddies!
Today, I heard that Belinda the nurse was in school, doing the weight and height checks for Year 6, so I thought I'd get in on the act!
Belinda took my measurements and I'm going to set you some problems based on my weight (14.15kg) and height (60.5cm) Choose a problem that will provide a good level of challenge for you and share your answer with your teacher. Tell him or her that Buddy has said there are 2 Buddy Dojos on offer for everyone who has a go!
1) If I grow another 10cm, how tall will I be?
2) My favourite toy is 20cm high. How much taller am I?
3) Round my height to the nearest whole cm.
4) Every day I need to eat 1g of dry dog food for every 700g of my weight. How many grams of food should I eat each day?
5) I was 4kg when I first came to school in April. What has been my average monthly weight gain?
And here's a bonus Ernie question....
Mrs Seker says if you halved my weight it would be 7.7.5kg. Is she right? Explain why/why not.