We are the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors! We are around the school to help anyone with any friendship problems, if children want help or advice, if they feel like they are being bullied or if they think they have seen bullying in school. We also run a friendship group on a Wednesday lunchtime where children can come and play group games and hopefully make some new friends.
Our aim is to stop bullying in our school and make it a kind, safe place where everyone likes to be.
Together we are an Oldswinford family.
Join us in using our super powers for good!
Autumn term -
Spring term -
Summer term -
This questionnaire was sent out to every class to complete and we were very pleased with the feedback that we received! It is apparent that the event was a huge success and we aim to carry out a big event each year to help raise awareness of bullying and prevent it within our school.
The results from each class show:
Based on the results the ABA's are going to:
We cannot wait for our next event!
16th November 2018
On this day the children took part in lots of fun activities to help raise awareness of bullying and how to prevent it within school.
Here are some of the things that we did as a school:
* had an anti bullying assembly to raise awareness
* superhero themed fancy dress
* cake and wristband sale to raise money for The Diana Award
* watched a video about bullying and had class discussions
* designed an anti bullying emblem for the school (competition)
* circle time about who their hero is
* parachute games to celebrate people’s differences
* hurdle games to overcome negative comments
* javelin games to get the positive comments
* looked at how to be a good friend (what makes a good/bad friend)
We managed to raise £321.99 by selling cake donations and selling anti-bullying wristbands!!! This money has been donated to, ‘The Diana Award’.
This charity helps raise awareness in schools, train more anti-bullying ambassadors, all with an aim to make schools bully-free zones.
We know that this money will go a long way in helping to combat bullying in schools. Thank you so much for your support for this worthy cause!
The links below are for advice about bullying for parents and children, as well as some links for helplines.